Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tranquil Tea Lounge {Fullerton, CA}

There's not a lot of 'new' in Orange County. I mean, of course, there are always tons of new restaurants but it's never really 'new' to me because it's always an old concept, re-done or something that doesn't interest me or excite me much. 

Tranquil Tea Lounge is something that excites me. I've wanted to go here ever since I first heard about it, but never took the time to travel that way. Bad, bad me!
Tranquil Tea Lounge is everything I've ever wanted in a small cafe/ tea house and more. I love tea and the tea selection they have is insane! And not to mention, sooo perfect. The cafe is small and intimate and every detail of the space is perfect and well thought out.


Talking about details, this place serves their tea with great care to the specificity of tea. My favorite part is how you can order any tea hot or cold, which is amazing because to make iced tea, they first have to make it hot, then cool it down - which I really admire them for. When they serve it hot, they set a timer to when they poured the hot water in, then pour it for you at the optimal time. It's amazing.




All of us opted for their Tranquil Trio, which is a fabulous deal consisting of 1/2 sandwich, with either a cup of soup or a small salad plus a tea of your choice, hot or cold for only $8.00. Considering that a tea alone is already $4.00, it's a great deal. I don't recommend bringing your boyfriend or manfriend or male friends here, since they'd probably need 2 - 3 of these but for a girl, it's a great portion.


Below is the roast beef with caesar salad. The roast beef had a spicy jalapeno cream cheese and was delicious! The salad was simple but a good salad nonetheless.
Soup of the day: Vegetable Minestrone!
Below is the mixed green salad with the prosciutto sandwich. The proscuitto was one of my favorites, but then again, I'd love anything with proscuitto in it. The mixed green was simple with some feta and a white tea vinaigrette.


For desert, we opted for the Blueberry Tea Cake which was served warm a la mode. It was amazing! Deliciously moist, and gorgeous to look at too. It's not pictured but the warm lavender-white chocolate scone was soooo good. Super moist and had the perfect balance of lavender, because I hate when it's too floral.
I just love their carafes!

3 comments:

  1. You're such an amazing photographer- REALLY! (=

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful place to hang out with girlfriends!. I love the idea of those little tea and food sets.

    And the light on last picture is just amazing. I´m pinning it if you don´t mind!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His post very interesting, I wait for the next post,

    ReplyDelete