Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bruschetta

I had a picnic the other day and I was having such a struggle thinking of foods to bring that were portable, delicious, and easily transportable. I came up with a few ideas and this was one of them. As a child, I hated a lot of things: garlic, onions, tomatoes, bean sprouts, carrots, etc. Now that I'm grown, I've also grown to love many of these things. Oh what age brings!
Anyways, tomatoes are now one of my loves! Juicy, sweet and tangy; in other words a perfect vegetable. The best way to enjoy them? Simply. My favorite kind of bruschetta is one that is simple and highlights the tomato. This is one of those and it's absolutely perfect. Make this immediately and fall in love with tomatoes. I'm head over heels for them!
Simple & Delicious Bruschetta
Yields: 4 - 6 servings


2 packages of cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 bunch of basil leaves, chiffonaded
2 tbsn. olive oil
1 - 2 large cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper, to taste

Mix everything together, adding more salt and pepper to taste. You can eat it right away, but I prefer to let everything sit and marinade in the refrigerator for at least one hour. Serve on top of crispy crostini or toasted, sliced baguettes. Enjoy!

2 comments: